Online gambling is the next best thing to simulate a land-based casino experience - and you can do it without ever having to leave your chair! Internet gambling has been around for well over 20 years and has been legalized in most parts of the world. When gambling online, you will find the same sense of excitement and adrenaline that comes with playing all your favourite casino games, with the added bonus of higher wins than you could ever hope for in a brick-and-mortar establishment.
Best online gambling casinos for 2019
- Launched in 2017 and licensed in Curacao
- Good selection of deposit methods, incl. Bitcoin
- Newly launched in 2017
- 179+ games to keep you entertained
- Licensed in Curacao
Why gambling online is better than offline
- It is convenient and discreet. You can access your preferred casino actions privately and hindrance-free without having to go anywhere.
- It is safe and secure. If you engage with reputable and certified gambling sites such as the ones we promote, you will never have to worry about your personal information and money being compromised, as they employ measures such as high-end encryption technology and firewalls to keep it safe.
- It offers a vast variety of games including mobile play. There are literally hundreds of high quality games to choose from and you can play them whether seated at your desk or on the go from your smart phone or even smart watch!
- The pay-out rate is higher than at land-based casinos. Because its expenditures are less than a physical venue, online casinos can afford to pay you out more when you win.
- Better odds for the player. The percentages of real money paid out to winners by online casinos range between 96% and 99% on average.
- You receive a welcome bonus. When signing up a real money account, you immediately become eligible for a bonus, either in the form of free spins or deposit match bonuses up to as high as 200%!
- There are multiple banking methods. You are sure to find a deposit and withdrawal option that is most convenient for you beyond the usual credit and debit card options.
- You are entitled to regular promotions and giveaways. Upon becoming a registered customer, you can enjoy ongoing appreciation by your online casino with awesome giveaways and exclusive deals.
- Great customer support around the clock. Friendly and efficient agents are available to online casino customers via phone, email or live chat any time of the day or night.
Did you know?
The first online casino launched in August of 1996 (InterCasino, based in Antigua) and only 18 games were available at the time. There are now thousands of internet gambling websites with new online gambling businesses appearing every day!
Essential tips for real money gambling around the world
- Always make sure that the casino you have chosen is licensed and registered. This should always be displayed on the home page.
- Make sure the country you reside in is not restricted, as there are some laws that will prohibit you from online gambling.
- Select only gambling sites that are accredited and have been awarded a seal of approval with recognized institutions such as eCOGRA, as it means that site meets or exceeds the required industry standards and is completely fair, safe and trustworthy.
- Check upfront whether your local currency is catered for and if the casino offers a converting service.
- Establish how many ways there are for you to get money safely and quickly in and out of your account. Generally, the better the casino, the more deposit and withdrawal options they will have available.
- Choose a gambling site by its reputation, services offered, and a trusted software provider that you are familiar with like Microgaming, Playtech and Netent. Also check out player reviews as this can make a big difference to your gaming experience.
- Ensure the casino you have your eye on sports a good variety of games. Slot fans will usually not have a problem, but lovers of table games like roulette, craps and blackjack may struggle to find the specific game variation they enjoy. Even casinos that employ the same software will offer different game titles.
- Make sure the gambling software is compatible with the device you will be using. Mac users for example, aren’t always catered for leaving those players looking for flash casinos. However most respectable online casinos will offer both a download and flash version so that all players can enjoy games.
- You can get a feel for your selected site’s navigation and slickness of game play before opening a real money account. The last thing you want is to be interrupted while you’re right in the middle of hitting a big jackpot!
- Ensure the online casino offers reliable customer support that is always on hand when you need it. This can be tested by submitting a complaint and seeing how quickly and effectively the casino responds. Reading reviews about the casino on sites such as ours will be extremely useful too.
- If you are seeking serious wins, you should definitely hunt down progressive jackpots known to pay out life-changing sums of money on a single bet. Progressive slots can be standalone with a singular jackpot increase, or a network of machines across multiple casinos.
- Always set a budget before commencing play at your selected real money gambling site. That way you will know when to walk away and prevent any possible financial disasters.
- Take advantage of casino bonuses, promotions, free tournament events and other online gambling offers. It is a great way to boost your bankroll. However, to ensure that you find the best deal for your pocket, check the wagering requirements attached to the offered deal first. This can be found in the casino’s terms and conditions.
Online gambling games
As we’ve already mentioned, one of the biggest benefits of gambling online is the sheer volume of games available for you to play. Some casino sites will offer an assortment of different types of games whilst others will focus more on one category such as slots. Either way, you are bound to find something to suit your liking!
Types of games you can gamble on online:
- A variety of slot machines of every imaginable theme, from the traditional 3-reel slots, to action-packed 5-reel video slots and progressive jackpot slots.
- Table connoisseurs can play several variations of online gambling roulette, baccarat, craps and blackjack. Some sites even offer a live dealer option where players can enjoy live interaction in real time.
- Video poker lovers are especially well catered for with exclusive rooms and tournaments.
- Games can easily be accessed directly from the browser on any PC, smartphone or tablet, while some sites operate specifically as mobile casinos.
Online gambling legislation & regulation
What it is
Online gambling jurisdictions or licensing jurisdictions are specific regions in the world that have legislation in place allowing them to license and regulate companies that operate online gambling sites or provide gambling related services. Within these jurisdictions there are licensing authorities that’s responsible for issuing licenses and regulating the licensees.
A gambling site that wishes to offer its services to customers legally, should hold a betting or gaming license issued by an appropriate licensing authority. A site will usually have to base at least part of its operations within the jurisdiction where it wishes to be licensed. This means that many gambling sites choose their location almost entirely on the basis of the legislation and regulatory practices that they’ll have to adhere to.
How it affects you
The majority of online gambling laws relate to the companies that provide the gambling service and not its users, so it is very uncommon for the government of a country to make it explicitly illegal for its residents to use such services.
Is online gambling legal?
Based on the above, a straight “yes” or “no” to this question is impossible, as online gambling laws vary depending on where you reside in the world. Again, we can say with certainty that it is not common for the use of a gambling site to be illegal, as the laws are typically aimed at those who operate the sites and not its users. For your own peace of mind however, we recommend you familiarize yourself with the relevant legalities where you live, as you obviously don’t want to unknowingly break the law. The sites we promote are typically licensed in strict jurisdictions which is more beneficial to you than those sites which are more relaxed.
What to avoid when gambling online
- Visiting online casinos that are blacklisted, or not regulated by a recognised gambling authority. Investigate the site’s credentials first.
- Failure to read and understand the casino’s terms and conditions. Particularly in respect to how they honour their bonuses.
- Gambling with impaired judgement.
- Not playing within your bankroll.
- Thinking that you are “due” and throwing caution to the wind in pursuit of a big payout - wins are completely random!