iDebit is an online payment method created predominantly for Canadian consumers to pay for internet goods and services directly from their bank account. Although the name is similar to InstaDebit, it is not the same company, but was recently launched to address some of InstaDebit’s shortcomings.
- iDebit accepted as a payment method
- Fully licensed online casino since 1998
- 400+ games, including live dealer tables
How it works
iDebit serves as an intermediary between your bank account and the party you wish to pay. You are not required to share your banking details with anyone or even sign up for an account, as you have the option to check out as a guest. iDebit deposits work the same as electronic checks - they are processed instantly, but the debit only appears on your bank statement a few days later. Withdrawals are typically processed within a few days, and then iDebit transfers the funds to your bank account 2 to 3 days after that.
iDebit deposits can be made from various countries, but withdrawals are restricted only to Canadian customers. There are also restrictions regarding the minimum and maximum deposits, depending on the country you are based at. Check with the casino first.
How to set up an iDebit account
The signup process is easy and only takes a few minutes. Simply visit the iDebit website and follow the signup instructions. All that is required is the verification of your personal details. There are no signup fees.
How to use iDebit for your casino deposits
Once you are on the casino’s payment page, follow these easy and automatically prompted steps:
- Select iDebit as your preferred payment method.
- Log into your iDebit account (or checkout as a guest with iDebit and create an account afterwards)
- Select your bank and log in with your online banking credentials.
- Approve the payment.
Advantages of using iDebit
- Sign up is quick, easy and free.
- A physical card does not need to be present as iDebit users can make payments from their bank account in real time.
- Payment notifications are sent to merchants immediately, so there are no delays waiting for funds to clear.
- Should you have insufficient funds in your iDebit account when wiring to merchants, the iDebit system will send a transaction to your bank account to cover the deficit.
- Details of your iDebit transactions are kept completely private as they won’t appear on your bank statement.
- Double security measures – first via iDebit’s encryption features, then again through your own bank’s security features when logged into your account.
- Your personal information is never disclosed to a third party, but strictly remains between you and your bank.
- Currently iDebit is mainly used by leading casinos in Europe and Canada. It has yet to become a widely recognized form of payment.
- Things like credit card loyalty programs and customary refund guarantees cannot be utilised when making iDebit online purchases.
- A fee is levied whenever you make a withdrawal or payment using your iDebit account.