The Best Online Casinos in Canada in 2019
A2ZCasinos.org is all about finding great online casinos for the Canadian market, taking the time to find the very best the industry has to offer. We strive to deliver value in our honesty with each of our recommendations, ensuring our visitors have access to online casinos that aim for perfection on all levels.
Each real money online casino our experts put under the magnifying glass needs to pass a series of tests before we’d even consider recommending them to you. We want you to feel total confidence in your selection, knowing that your choice has already been vetted for safety, security, reliability and fair play.
Top Canadian online casinos for 2019
- Get $1600 free on first four deposits
- Fully licensed online casino since 1998
- 400+ games, including live dealer tables
- Get $1200 free over three deposits
- Launched in 2000 and fully licensed
- 400+ games to keep you entertained
On this page, you’ll find out how we select all the best casinos for Canadian players. Our casino team combines years of experience within the online casino industry, ensuring that each potential site adheres to our basic must-have checklist:
- Holds a license from a well-known establishment that cares about player safety.
- Offers games from world-class developers that provide fair gaming.
- Provides the latest gaming features, including mobile gaming options.
- Includes SSL secure banking options and fast withdrawals.
- Provides members with worthy promotions and terms and conditions that are fair.
Important tips before you get started
Here are a few suggestions that will help you have a smoother, happier online casino experience:
- Online casinos all have specific areas of strength in their offering. You need to match your gambling needs to their strengths e.g. some have bigger bonuses or better monthly promotions or more available deposit options.
- Look through the casinos’ general and welcome bonus terms & conditions. Look for phrases you think could impact your financial outcome. E.g. “You have 24 hours from sign-up to play through your free spins”.
- Always make sure you sign-up at a casino with accurate details (KYC documentation). If you don’t, you will experience problems trying to make a withdrawal.
- You have the option to opt-out of casino bonuses.
- Demo the games for free and learn the game’s features before you play for real money. (Demo play is not allowed on progressive slot jackpots like Mega Moolah)
- Check withdrawal times before selecting your preferred deposit method.
- If you have a bad experience, don’t hesitate to contact the casino help desk – free bonuses are offered to get things back on track.
- Enjoy the experience but do not play beyond your means.
Why play at one of our recommended Casinos?
Our review team consists of both industry insiders and players who know just about all there is to know about online gambling in Canada. Unlike many other sites, we put our own money into every review, that way you can be sure of a totally non-biased, free and fair review, each and every time.
We don’t just take a quick look at the casino to see what they offer, we sign up with each one, paying close attention to each step of the process. We also dig deep and find out as much as we can about the brand, the owners, the terms and conditions and much more. The idea is to save you time and effort when choosing a top Canadian online casino.
How we rate Casinos
Through many years of playing at both offline and online casinos within the Canadian market, our team of expert gamblers know exactly what it takes to be a great Canadian casino. We have developed a system of rating potential online casinos based on real time playing, we get our hands dirty digging through every online casinos features, so you don’t have to. Checkout the following list of key areas that we rate to get a good idea of what you can expect on our site.
There are no laws currently in place that stops players from joining an offshore online casino, giving Canadian players a much bigger selection in terms of variety. However, this also opens the door for sites that don’t provide great gaming opportunities. In fact, many offshore casinos don't come anywhere near the requirements, resulting in players getting a bad experience when it comes to withdrawals, support, and fairness.
We filter every potential online casino that claims to specialize in Canadian online gambling. Through our strict criteria, we present only those online casinos that are fully licensed and genuinely serve the best interests of our fellow Canadian online gamblers.
Focus on Canada only
The Canadian online casino market is one of the fastest growing niche markets on the web, with thousands of new online casinos claiming to offer special treatment to Canucks. However, many of these sites claims are bogus and there are a few ways in which we can quickly get them sorted out.
For one thing, an international (offshore) online casinos that claims to offer region-specific gaming to the Canadian market needs to offer play and banking in CAD. There are plenty of sites that will offer you a chance to sign up with them but will only offer play or banking in USD, EUR, or GBP.
Secondly, any online casino that advertises themselves as Canadian-friendly needs to offer full language and customer support in both French and English. The icing on the cake is of course full 24 hour support, seven days a week and throughout the year.
Of course gaming quality plays a significant part in our search for the very best online casinos for Canadians. We as Canadians love to gamble and not just on classic casino games but bet on top sports too. When it comes to online casino gambling, we expect nothing but the very best software available. This includes top Canuck favourites like Microgaming and NetEnt, as well as newer brands like Quickfire, NYX, and many others.
Online casino software needs to be:
- Smooth and glitch-free
- Be available on mobile platforms
- Offer good RTP percentages (Return to player)
- Be regularly audited by an independent third party
- Offer a wide enough gaming range to suit all needs and preferences
We briefly touched upon the idea that any true Canadian online casino must be able to offer us Canucks play as well as banking in CAD. However, this is only half of the banking criteria that our team set out for each of the online casinos that we review for our fellow Canadian gamblers.
Each site needs to also offer you top online payment options that are safe and easy to use and are popular within the Canadian online retail and banking spheres. Of course standard online payment options such as Visa and MasterCard are a given, but we also like to see top options like PaySafeCard, InstaDebit, and other options that are popular in Canada.
Being able to access the highest quality customer support whenever you need to is one of the most important features of any top level online casino. It is important to note that not all online casinos, specifically those operating in the Canadian market, offer full 24 hour support. While this is not always a deal breaker, we do tend to put those that do offer full 24 hour support, higher up on our recommended lists.
Not only do we love online casinos that offer full 24/7, 365 support, we love online casinos that offer several communication channels. As a standard, we look for Live Chat, email and phone support. Of course those that also offer social media support through Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter and others, are also valued. At a minimum, online casino support within the Canadian market should be available in both English and in French.
Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Aside from the range of games available at Canadian online casinos, bonuses and promotions are arguably the next biggest attraction to signing with an online casino. Virtually every online casino worth its salt will offer at least one attractive sign up bonus for new players, and possibly add a few extra promos once you’ve made your deposits with them.
We examine all casino bonus offers for new players which includes taking a close look at their relevant terms and conditions. This is often the part which most online casino newbies skip through in their excitement to get playing. However, you need to know what the wagering requirements (how many times you need to place bets before you can withdraw winnings) are before you accept any sign up bonus offer.
To make every one of our Canadian online casino reviews as user friendly and value-driven as possible, we’ve added a nifty quick info section at the bottom of each review. This gives you at a glance access to key information on every casino site we recommend.
Are Online Casinos Legal?
Fortunately for Canadians there are no laws which specifically prohibit playing at online casinos that are not based in Canada so you can be rest assured that when playing at one of our recommended casino brands, you won’t be breaking any laws. In fact, playing online is so popular in Canada that several provincial governments have launched their own online casino internet sites in some form or another.