How it works
Interac e-Transfer allows you to send money to any Canadian who has a valid email address or a mobile phone and has an active account at a Canadian financial institution. You simply need access to an account at a participating financial institution and the email address or mobile phone number of the intended recipient in order to effect the transaction.
Interac Online allows you to shop online and pay for purchases through Online Banking directly from your bank account with RBC. It is secure and easy to use as you do not need to create any online accounts or passwords.
How to register an Interac account
- Log into your online banking account or mobile banking app
- Select “Interac e-transfer” from the available options
- Enter your personal information
- On the set-up page, enter your name, email address, mobile number and how you wish to be notified. Click next
- Read and agree to Interac’s terms and conditions
- You will receive a notification to confirm your registration and can now begin your transaction
How to use Interac for your casino deposits & withdrawals
Depositing and withdrawing from your casino account couldn’t be easier, faster, or safer when using Interac. When logged into your casino account, head on over to the cashier section and select Interact from the list of payment / withdrawal options available. Follow the necessary prompts from there i.e. selecting how much you would like to deposit or take out, hit enter, and either start playing immediately or wait a few hours (at most) for your funds to come in. It’s really that simple!
- Interac is already well-known in the Canadian market as a purchasing method for goods and services
- Interac is linked directly to your bank / credit account, so many online casinos who accepts this method for deposits will allow you to withdraw back to it as well.
- Payouts will go straight to your account without any delay or bank wire fees.
- Multiple layers of security mean you are safe from fraud and never have to reveal your bank information to the casino.
- You can halt an erroneous transaction, even after confirming it via a status message you will receive.
- Actions must be completed to affect each transaction and is subject to a 30-day life cycle. So, if a casino somehow neglects to debit your Interac account, yet funds your online casino account, the transaction will expire in 30 days. If you don’t notice that you played for free, it may be cumbersome to sort the issue out.
- As all transactions are notified to you via email you may fall victim to phishing when hackers email you asking for sensitive information.
- Not all online casinos accept Interac outside of Canada.