Cyrus the Virus Slot
Cyrus the Virus takes you on an unusual journey to the internal workings of a human body that is infected with the dreaded Cyrus the Virus. The backdrop to this Yggdrasil game is a human cell of some sort, filled with symbols that depict little germs or viruses. They are all different shapes and colours and are easily distinguishable from one another. The game is presented on a 5 reel, 10 payline structure, with the flexibility to choose among a number of bet and coin sizes. The soundtrack to the game is a mix of funky upbeat tunes and techno sounds.
Although Cyrus the Virus is not exactly a feature-rich slot, it is definitely interesting to look at and has some great payouts. The tentacle-ridden, blue critter is the game’s highest paying symbol and rewards you with a cool 2000x your bet for a maximum combination of 5 of a kind. The other viruses don’t pay-out too badly either, with values ranging between 100x to 400x your bet if landing 5 of a kind . The game’s Wild is the obvious stand-out symbol and is Cyrus the Virus's only special symbol.
- As with most Yggdrasil games, there is a handy AutoPlay feature that allows you to automatically spin the reels for a self-determined amount of spins on your bet level of choice.
- There are technically 10 reels in the game but it is actually just 5 reels that can be won and played in both directions. Essentially you can win both right to left as well as left to right.
- The Wild symbol in Cyrus the Virus is the symbol of the DNA. It makes appearances on the middlemost reel only and has the power to replace all the other symbols in the game and therefore increasing the chance of winning combinations being spun into play.
- When the Wild symbol appears on reel 3 it expands to cover the entire reel and transforms into a big, grumpy DNA strand.
- When the DNA Wild gets spun into view you will also receive a free re-spin with the expanding Wild frozen in place, giving you the chance at landing even more winning combos.
Cyrus the Virus on your mobile device
The fact that Cyrus the Virus is one of Yggdrasil’s simpler online slots makes it even more appropriate for mobile play. The mobile game is almost exactly the same as the PC version, with just a few small tweaks to make the slot more enjoyable for mobile users. A huge range of smartphones should be able to run Cyrus the Virus, assuming that they have updated software. Furthermore, Cyrus the Virus can be played on a number of devices including iPhones, smartphones, tablets and iPads.